View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 08:17 PM   #5
fredwordsmith

My Ride: 2004 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
You can put it wherever you want as long as the wire will reach...and even then you can probably get an extension for it if you really need it. I personally also put it in the ashtray so that it can be covered up if necessary and it makes it much easier to get to. But ever since I got the iPod integration in, I haven't plugged anything into the aux jack. As far as putting it in the button bar, just make sure you are drilling into an area that doesn't have a button or any circuitry on the backside and you should be good to go.

Also, unless you are talking about engine/brakes/transmission, there's no difference between a 325 and a 330.
I never thought of putting it in the ashtray. Right now it holds nothing (non smoker here) and I have to leave it open anyway for my iPod/iPhone charger. It would also give me a cleaner look if I ever want to shut it if it's not in use. That'll be a much simpler process.

As far as the 325/330 difference, I figured there was none (other than performance) but I have read enough on the forums to know that there can be minor, unexpected differences between seemingly similar vehicles to say that I knew I should clarify

This forum rocks! Thanks a ton for the help - I hope to knock this out in a few hours this weekend and be listening to some Rdio tuneage by Saturday evening.
fredwordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote