View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 08:33 AM   #17
TxZHP04

My Ride: ESS TS2+ ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocked Out View Post
E46 M3 or E9x M3 mounts depending on which ones cost less as either will do the job just fine on your particular car.

BMW also makes performance mounts which they call Gruppe N mounts. They are solid rubber (NOT urethane) and are supposed to be the absolute perfect mounts for our cars but they cost an arm and a leg, literally. Some aftermarket companies have duplicated the Gruppe N mounts for a fraction of a cost and they do the same thing.

Poly engine mounts arent necessary for a daily driver, but some people like them.
I run the Bimmerworld mounts which are essentially the Group N mounts. Great mounts but an expensive bit of overkill for a 325. For those wanting the ultimate in isolation, I'd still stick with stock - these do transmit a fair bit of NVH, especially at startup. I run them to handle the extra torque produced by my TS SC'er and I actually like the extra little bit of noise and vibration they transmit (unlike poly motor mounts which drove me crazy).
04 IR 330i ZHP | ESS TS2+ SC | MagnaFlow "headers" | KMS 3.64 LSD | AST 4100 550/650| APEX ARC-8 18x9 | H&R front sway bar | Vorshlag camber plates, RTAB limiters | TMS subframe & swaybar reinforcements | UUC SSK & DSSR | UUC TM & TME | BW motor mounts | Dinan strut & shock tower bars | vaio 4-bolt oil pump
TxZHP04 is offline   Reply With Quote