View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #50
TxZHP04

My Ride: ESS TS2+ ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSpeed View Post
When I did it I didn't disconnect any hydraulic or brake lines or drop the struts. To get the subframe out I popped the control arm connections out of the wheel hubs, moved the steering rack forward, undid the lower motor mount nuts, undid the subframe bolts and voila. This was all per BMW TIS. Not easy at all either. And I wouldn't trust an engine hoist if you're leaving it over night- I used a screw jack under each motor mount to be safe.
If the heat doesn't kill me, I'll be tackling this over the weekend. I should probably go buy a small fan for the garage....

I've got a pretty good idea what needs to be done but I do have one area of uncertainty. Does the PS pump need to be moved out of the way or can it remain bolted in place?
04 IR 330i ZHP | ESS TS2+ SC | MagnaFlow "headers" | KMS 3.64 LSD | AST 4100 550/650| APEX ARC-8 18x9 | H&R front sway bar | Vorshlag camber plates, RTAB limiters | TMS subframe & swaybar reinforcements | UUC SSK & DSSR | UUC TM & TME | BW motor mounts | Dinan strut & shock tower bars | vaio 4-bolt oil pump
TxZHP04 is offline   Reply With Quote