View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 09:53 PM   #1
95CamaroLS1

My Ride: 1997 Ford F350
Power steering LF-30 problems

First post here hopefully it goes well

My sisters 2000 323i power steering went out the other day. So I took the PS pump off after coming to the conclusion that it was the problem to her stiff steering even though her resevoir was full.

I found out that she had a LF-30 pump in her car. After doing some research I found out that the LF-30 is the later pump used for E46's, correct? And the LF-20 was used in the earlier E46's? So I buy a re-manufactured pump from Shucks for $100 (minus the $90 core charge).

First time around I tell them the year of the car and they have the pump waiting, so I take mine in and its not the right one. So I assume that they gave me the LF-20? Next day I come back and its the right pump. I go home to install it, but the high pressure hose doesnt fit???

I assumed that since there was already an LF-30 on the car, the HP hose wouldnt need to be changed. Im all confused now because the old pump was an OEM Luk LF-30, unless the previous owner had it replaced with OEM but somehow changed it to where the the LF-20 HP hose fit?

Any help? The HP hose I have now has a short flange so the hose doesnt sit/fit all the way and has wiggle room. Does the LF-20 HP hose have a longer flange/nut so it fits? Thanks for all the help!

-Karl
95CamaroLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.