carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Great info....I carry 95% of the time

over 20 years of experience with a weapon
CCW permit in the great state of Colorado....ex-Cali guy
Glock 26.....12 rounds Golden Saber JHP
Holster....De Santis Pocket Nemesis

NRA member and 20 year military veteran...and not that old...only 40

Anyone can take a class at their local range, they are not that expensive, most ranges rent guns so if you are new to one....try them out. Start with small calibers first. A nice 22 is a good place to start.

When you think about the weapon you want to carry concealed...think about size, and how you will carry it every day. Do not buy too big of a gun you can't carry...you will end up getting rid if it later...trust me.

I will not go into brands of guns...they are like cars...different strokes for different folks..same as ammo. Main thing is...take a safety class if you are new to a weapon, and know how to field strip it and maintain it. Forget lasers and things like that...if you do not know the basics and shoot/clean/break down the weapon the the basic field strip....no fancy gadget will do you much.

A nice tac light by the bed is nice...but does not have to be an expensive one. I have a decent Cree...and it does just fine. Surefire is nice...but really not needed. And, I never carry a tac light in my pocket. Just my 2 cents on this. Take it for what it is worth.