View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 12:07 AM   #10
albarran9

My Ride: E46, E53, E90
You might as well if your are needing to change the gasket and had the issues with the gears. I'm needed to change the speed sensor in mine and the solenoid valves. I'm going to change the oil since they are going to drain it to get the new speed sensor and solenoids in anyways, I figured I might as well. I'm going with Royal Purple in the Transmission and in the differential. I've read that some members on here have had good results with RP. I got a good deal on the fluids form Advanced Auto and it's going to be half of what the OEM fluid from the stealer costs. I found a good transmission shop that works on german cars and can rebuild them if necessary. The stealer wanted to replace the whole transmission with a refurb one and would't touch it or do a fluid flush. My dad's X5 had a worn out solenoid valve causing a hesitation going into drive from reverse on a cold start. The stealer only gave him the option to replace it with a refurb for $6 Grand and wanted nothing to do with it other than a transmission swap. One fluid flush and new solenoid valve later she's running like a champ. I'm just waiting for the parts to come in to take mine to the shop and get it done. They fixed my dad's X5 and it hasn't had a hick-up yet.
albarran9 is offline   Reply With Quote