View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 10:29 AM   #42
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
I got the kindle version of the book JonJon keeps recommending and I'll be honest, it's pretty great. I've been doing it for ~a week now and I don't see myself stopping. I've always had a problem shutting my brain off at night and it has done wonders in that department, not to mention the sensations you feel in your body are just downright fun to experience.
I think the best way to explain the feelings to someone is "Magic". The first time you feel it (even in the root or first chakra) you almost scare yourself, but it makes you want to go further. In over 10 years, I've only reached the 5th chakra in solid, focused meditations. I started to get mentally exhausted and physically ill, so I stopped for a couple years. I'm just starting to get back into it. Unfortunately, you can't rush back into it, and it's NOT "like riding a bike".

This stuff really isn't stuff to mess with. If you do it wrong and don't follow the precautions, you can hurt yourself.
A lot of people focus and only meditate on the 2nd chakra (google it and you'll see why). It is harmful to skip the 1st and even more so to hover on the 2nd, but DAMN it is amazing.

I'm convinced we know nothing about out bodies/souls/energy. After learning Kundalini, I really don't doubt anything is possible anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post

Kundalini Awakening: A Gentle Guide to Chakra Activation and Spiritual Growth

http://www.amazon.com/Kundalini-Awak.../dp/0553353306

EXCELLENT beginners book. I've read probably over 50 books on this topic. The one above is "basic" but the best I've ever read as far as a starting point. How I got introduced to the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 07-14-2011 at 10:33 AM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote