View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #43
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
I think the best way to explain the feelings to someone is "Magic". The first time you feel it (even in the root or first chakra) you almost scare yourself, but it makes you want to go further. In over 10 years, I've only reached the 5th chakra in solid, focused meditations. I started to get mentally exhausted and physically ill, so I stopped for a couple years. I'm just starting to get back into it. Unfortunately, you can't rush back into it, and it's NOT "like riding a bike".

This stuff really isn't stuff to mess with. If you do it wrong and don't follow the precautions, you can hurt yourself.
A lot of people focus and only meditate on the 2nd chakra (google it and you'll see why). It is harmful to skip the 1st and even more so to hover on the 2nd, but DAMN it is amazing.
I'm not sure if I've 'activated' anything, but I just get a tingly whole body feeling where I'm (for lack of a better word) aware of my entire body and my mind is completely devoid of any conscious thought. It's different, to say the least. I'm only about 1/3 of the way through the book though, so I still have more to learn.

Quote:
I'm convinced we know nothing about out bodies/souls/energy. After learning Kundalini, I really don't doubt anything is possible anymore.
I'm hopeful that quantum mechanics and research on neural networks will start to shed some light on consciousness, souls, etc in the coming years. If fundamental particles can exist at two places at once, and we're composed of fundamental particles, then who's to say our consciousness can't exist elsewhere outside of the body? It's a leap, for sure, but quantum mechanics is some strange stuff.

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?

Last edited by cowmoo32; 07-14-2011 at 11:42 AM.
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote