..::| TrippinBimmer's New Project : 1988 e30 325e |::..
View Single Post
07-14-2011, 11:45 PM
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ridgeland, MS
My Ride: Just Fast!
View My Garage
Originally Posted by
There is but had to take it all apart again.
Here is where I took the Water Pump off and Timing Belt.
Got the Main Crank Timing Belt Pulley Off.
Clean the Exhaust Side of the Engine Block and the Piston.
Lifting the Engine for New Motor Mounts
Comparing the New and Old Motor Mounts
Driver Side Motor Mount is Trashed
Oil Pan Removed to Check out the Bottom End and Clean out the Grim.
Hello Oil Pump
Fresh Rebuild 885 Head (Found out Later its a SETA Head)
New Thermostat Housing and Stat
Installed the New Thermostat Housing and Rear Water Outlet
Skipped alot of Process and Slapped the Head on. Will redo on the Next Update with the Rebuild SETA with I Cam.
Installed Spark Plug Wires, Plugs, Oil Cap, and etc.
Installed new Timing Belt, Cover and Pulleys.
So then I decided to Fire it UP!
Sounds SO MEAN!
So after that. I start filling up the radiator and getting it ready to bleed. Then I start it up to start the process and I got this
Came to found out that the Spray Bar was Clogged and Lash was done incorrectly
During that time. I found out that the 855 head I have is not an I head but a SETA as it had a 4 Cam Bearing Cam. Below you can see there is only 4 oil passage.
After taking the Head apart. I inspected the cam and saw this.
I am picking up the head tomorrow after the mods that has been done
7 oil passage for 7 cam bearings. I will be installing the new I Cam, Rockers and Rod.
Alpine White M3
993whp/651wtq SAE Corrected
Last edited by TrippinBimmer; 07-15-2011 at
View Public Profile
Find more threads by TrippinBimmer
Find More Posts by TrippinBimmer
Leave feedback for TrippinBimmer (13)