Nice DIY - thanks for contributions to e46fanatics. All worked out well, although I outsmarted myself. I took out the 4 screws securing the blower holder - when in fact all I needed to do is just pop the clip. Fortunately I didn't lose any screws into impossible to reach locations. As mentioned, removing right side fan housing made swap out/in easy. All done. While it was working fine now, I'd rather work on it in the mid 80s versus the teens in February when these parts typically fail! It was making a groaning noise the last two winters when cold - so I know it was going to fail at some point in the near future. Now I need to do FSR and I'll be all set.
New rotors and pads (for rear) are on order. Front pads/rotors completed. Rear springs replaced. I should be in good shape!
Thanks again for this DIY