View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #277
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
What brand? It should be more fatty in just becasue its nitrate and nitrite free. The stuff I get is usally pretty lean (as far as bacon goes).
It's natures promise from a super market called stop and shop.

this is the exact one

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
solly, you need to make sure you are cutting the potatoes the same exact shape/thickness... also maybe bring your oven temp down a little, toss them every 5-10 minutes. An oven doesn't cook very evenly, let me guess, all the potatoes around the edged were burned, right?

To even out oven temps, its a good idea to keep a pizza stone in the oven. It will keep the oven at a more constant temp, rather than most ovens that have a 20ish degree give or take fluctuation during cooking.

Oh and next time you are near a williams sonoma or what not... pick up some hickory smoked salt and put that on there... lol mmmmm you'll love it

EDIT: Try cooking them on a baking rack instead of a cookie sheet, which I am assuming you are using.
They were all the same thickness and I did toss them every 10 minutes or so. I cooked them on 400. I coat them with olive oil but I'm wondering if maybe I use too much and they get soggy.

I'll have to get a baking rack though. I'm in love with these things. I have to get them right. I also peeled them this time which made them burn a lot less. The skins would all seem to burn.

Last edited by DylloS; 07-26-2011 at 12:31 PM.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote