View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #277
My Ride: nothing
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
What brand? It should be more fatty in just becasue its nitrate and nitrite free. The stuff I get is usally pretty lean (as far as bacon goes).
It's natures promise from a super market called stop and shop.

this is the exact one

Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
solly, you need to make sure you are cutting the potatoes the same exact shape/thickness... also maybe bring your oven temp down a little, toss them every 5-10 minutes. An oven doesn't cook very evenly, let me guess, all the potatoes around the edged were burned, right?

To even out oven temps, its a good idea to keep a pizza stone in the oven. It will keep the oven at a more constant temp, rather than most ovens that have a 20ish degree give or take fluctuation during cooking.

Oh and next time you are near a williams sonoma or what not... pick up some hickory smoked salt and put that on there... lol mmmmm you'll love it

EDIT: Try cooking them on a baking rack instead of a cookie sheet, which I am assuming you are using.
They were all the same thickness and I did toss them every 10 minutes or so. I cooked them on 400. I coat them with olive oil but I'm wondering if maybe I use too much and they get soggy.

I'll have to get a baking rack though. I'm in love with these things. I have to get them right. I also peeled them this time which made them burn a lot less. The skins would all seem to burn.

Last edited by DylloS; 07-26-2011 at 12:31 PM.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote