View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #47
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Those two triggers are a bit different. The Battle Trigger is basically a mil-spec single stage trigger setup. It breaks from 5-9lbs on average, which is the same as a mil-spec trigger (avg break on those is ~7lbs). They do say that the average is in the 5-6lb range, which is better than the 7lb average of the mil-spec setup. I would take this over the RRA 2-stage any day of the week.
On the other hand, the RRA 2-stage trigger is a match trigger designed for National Match competition. In general, I recommend staying away from 2-stage triggers for anything other than precision applications. The trigger tail is not very robust, and breaks are very common with moderate to heavy use. Also, at $120 it is an expensive investment for a part that tends to lack durability. I would stay away from most 2-stage triggers.
If you want a lighter 2-stage, the only trigger worth buying is one of the Geissele setups. Look into the SSA Combat Trigger, Enhanced SSA-E, or the Super Dynamic versions of both. They range from $170-225. They are beefed up and far more reliable and durable.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote