View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 01:51 AM   #8
TerraPhantm

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by newe46fan View Post
This post answers that question

so hakken,

based off of that can you compare the us version to euro 3 and eu2 version for differences? or does that only apply to same version tuned files?

I imagine you need the same version simply because the hex code will be in the same spot where as different version reference different hex code locations for the same features. correct?

I really want to get to the bottom of this.

With bimmerfest east comming up I could kindly ask people with tuned files to let me take a dump of their DME. and we would have tons of files to play with.

Pa soft can read a range of hex addresses and output it to a .bin file. I saw you mention you know what the beginning and last address is for the relevant data. If that's te case we can use pa soft to gather tunes. Right?

If that's the case we can start creating xdf files for the latest DME versions. And some older versions.

With some instruction I can assist with xdf files. I imagine the cracked version of winols can be used to sort out the checksum. Do you know if winkfp only updates the 64kb section of the DME? If thats the case then unchecking the checksum flag within winkfp will allow us to flash our own modified 0pa/0da files.

Also have you taken a look at 0da and 0 pa files?

Maybe we can figure out a way to use winkfp to inject our own tuned code into the DME without complication.

Who knows. Wouldn't it be cool to write a vb or c program that all you have to do is open up your bin file and simply select the mods you have done to your car, alter speed limit, rev limit, sap removal, 02 removal etc? with a click of a button once we figure out the code? Dump the output file into WINKFP's software stash and flash it ourselves without a bench and in under 30 minutes?

Here are some oda and opa files that are the latest euro 3

;ZB-NR TYP-NR HW-NR IX SW-NR AM PIN S CS

7545670,7503718,7545150,A,7539692DA,0FFFFFFFFFD,134,1 3

EDIT:I tried pasting the hex code contained in the files but that ended up braking the thread so I can e-mail you the files so you can take a look. Hakken.
I guess I should've been more clear - I was wondering if you personally had the hardware to dump your DME. I don't (and I don't have access to any MS43 cars anyway). If this can be used to work with the MSS54, then I'd gladly buy an interface and help in whatever way I can