View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 10:11 PM   #58
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
I know I'm going to just start buying stuff haha. I just look into everything way to much. I still haven't decided on a lpk or trigger...read about a 10 page thread on triggers and was looking at jp but your supposed to use different springs for different ammo(mil surplus vs big name vs hand loads) which seems like a pain in the ass. A standard trigger or spikes is more then I need just have a feeling when I shoot a nicer lighter trigger I'll want it. I like short triggers on my pistol(p226 with srt trigger).

Chris how do you like the ubr stock? I know its heavy, which I dont think I'll necessarily mind.
I have a JP adjustable trigger on my SPR, and it breaks exactly at 3.5lbs. It's a great single stage trigger for precision use. I do load my own rounds for the SPR, though. I would never use that trigger setup for a combat/duty/training rifle, however. It has a very short travel with virtually no take-up and a very light reset. Not exactly the ideal trigger for non-precision applications. JP triggers are nice for precision and competition, but I would otherwise stay away from them. If you want an aftermarket trigger, the Spikes Combat or Mega Tactical triggers are less expensive triggers that you can benefit from without dropping the $170 for a high-end trigger like the Geissele triggers.
Personally, my next build (16" DMR build) will have a Geissele Super Dynamic Combat Trigger. I got my hands on a Geissele last month for a little bit, and those are SMOOOOOOTH.

As for the UBR, that stock is designed to be heavier to counter-balance the rifle. If you have a longer barrel and you have a heavier match type barrel like a Noveske stainless or the BCM SS410, the UBR will give you better balance to move the COG point further back. For lighter rifles, the UBR makes it ass-end heavy, which some people like for better/faster barrel swinging while transitioning between targets, but I know some people don't like it like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpul.com
http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG330/86

Specifications**

* UBR Collapsible Butt Stock (w/ Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.30")
o Weight, Stock: 1.46 lb.
o Weight, w/ Entry Receiver Extension: 1.63 lb.
o Length, Stock: 8.00-11.36 in.
o LOP Adjustment: 7-Position (0.56 in. / position)
o LOP Adjustment Range: 3.36 in.
o LOP, Collapsed (M4/M16): 11.10 in.
o LOP, Extended (M4/M16): 14.46 in.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote