View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 10:28 AM   #7
Eric Giles

My Ride: 2001 325i
Send a message via AIM to Eric Giles Send a message via MSN to Eric Giles
I purchased the Mediabridge with Bluetooth when cartoys.com had it for $199 during the July 4th weekend, and added the Sirius satellite tuner module. Overall, I am very pleased with the setup. It's not perfect, but considering the amount of optional music sources it lets you add to the stock head unit I really cannot complain at all. My main use is with the Sirius satellite radio, and the sound quality is pretty good overall. My only gripe is that for some reason my head unit ('01 325i) will not store any satellite radio station presets. I've followed the directions (hit RND, press the 1-6 buttons for where you want to store the preset, then hit RND again) but it just does not work. I have the latest firmware update and have sent a message to Dice but have yet to hear a reply. It is annoying having to hit the up track button on the steering wheel to get from the '90's on 9 station to Alternative Nation on channel 36-that is a lot of button presses!

As far as the Bluetooth functionality, I am pretty impressed with it also. My phone (Samsung Galaxy ICH-500) pairs almost immediately every time and works very well with the Mediabridge. Callers do say that when I am talking to them it sounds like I am in a barrel, but I blame that more on the supplied microphone that comes with the Dice. I would guess that a higher quality microphone would make a difference.

I have streamed music from my phone using Bluetooth, and although it works, the sound takes on what I would call a 'spatial' effect-and it is very exaggerated. I have the stock HK system, and the only way to reduce this effect is to turn off the HK button. For this reason, I do not use the Bluetooth audio streaming-it affects the sound quality too much for my tastes.

I know that the Dice units can have their faults, but for the $235 I paid (including the Sirius tuner) I couldn't be more pleased. Luckily mine is functioning pretty well, and maybe the failure to set the presets on satellite radio is due to my older head unit. Hopefully I will get that figured out as it is the most annoying fault for me.