View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 12:10 PM   #6
TerraPhantm

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by newe46fan View Post
You should keep an eye out for a OEM M3 hood. They may make your wallet heavier and use the saving towards some lowering components.
Would it fit? I know this guy is good with body work, but I was under the impression that the coupe hood is too wide to fit on a sedan period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercForHire View Post
All this just to save the gas guzzler tax in the states? To build a false m3?
Gas guzzler tax doesn't apply to used cars. And this is more than a false M3. I much prefer the E46 sedan to the coupe, if BMW built a proper M3 sedan I would've taken one over the coupe any day of the week. Or if I had this guy's skills, I would've converted my old ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabianchin View Post
hardtop once the M3 stuff is in I will take care of that. I don't want to mod any mechanical stuff to the Sedan suspension.
If you intend to do an S54 swap, you're going to want to change the suspension. M3 engine is quite a bit heavier. I think you could probably get away with running M3 suspension all around if you swap in the rear subframe too.

Also... You should paint the roof-rail trim silver for a cleaner look (330s and M3s came with that trim painted from the factory fwiw)

Last edited by TerraPhantm; 08-20-2011 at 12:18 PM.
TerraPhantm is offline   Reply With Quote