View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 09:19 PM   #233
Stinger9

My Ride: '04 330Ci
Caution for your first DIY

I've done my shocks along with new Control Arms and CAB, so if you're not that experienced, read lots anywhere you can find it about this project and get yourself a Bentley manual before you act. This is a project where you can make a mistake, and instructions must be followed. Would be great if you had a friend who knew more than you who could help.
I used the Powerflex preinstalled CAB because life is too short and consider how much money you'll save over paying the dealer.
I've driven coast to coast twice with the Powerflex. The handling with precision improves greatly, and I can detect no deterioration in any ride qualities. So pay no attention to guys who are just making it up! And Powerflex will last way longer than oem.

Are you experienced enough with getting the car up on jack stands? Doing this incorrectly could kill you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futra1 View Post
I gotta say taking on this diy is looking mighty tempting. I'm such a noob though, and I hear some guys talking about replacing bolts, and having them torqued and angled.... ... I need to read some more. Awesome write up though.

I love my car again!
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote