Thread: E30 m3 dd?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 03:58 AM   #14
Emanuel

My Ride: '00 Z3C/'07 Z4MC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky///m3 View Post
so I want to buy an E30 M3 to replace my 323i. Is this an overall stupid idea? How much could I pick up a good one for? What types of issues should I look for?
It's not a stupid idea, but it can be a challenge - these are my cars from 5 years ago:

That's a 1983 Porsche 911SC targa, 1983 Porsche 944, and 1983 Porsche 928S, each in Guards Red with black interior. Each of the cars were in good repair, with the 911 and 928 at 60k miles and the 944 at double that. They never left me stranded, but at 20+ years old there was always something to do - some hose, bushing, belt needed replacing, some piece of metal finally gave out, some electrical contact needed cleaning, some relay, some gauge, some thing. They never left me stranded, but they never left me alone either. In the end, as cool as it was to leave the house everyday thinking "Hmm, which Porsche today?", I sold the lot and bought a 2003 Z4 2.5i roadster and 2003 325i sedan, both black/black 5-spds (I like my cars to match, okay? )

Almost as cool, not nearly as much work. Keeping an old car on the road is work, and expensive even if you're doing all the work. Daily driving it just makes it that much more stressful. Would I buy a an E30 M3 in Diamondschwartz Metallic with Cardinal Red interior, ideally a 1991? Can't say I've considered it But I wouldn't daily drive it wihtout thinking long and hard about it...
Emanuel is offline   Reply With Quote