View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 12:09 AM   #155
xi_chee

My Ride: ///M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp333 View Post
OP - You said the setup looks "somewhat ghetto". How different is it from the oem?

Thanks
lol i rigged this up in my basement cause i had a few $ to spare thats why i said it was kinda ghetto lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
I'm planning to go with this setup since I have Halogens in my car,
how about buying the whole set from THE RETROFIT, does it need any thing to change or to add? Or just buy it as it's and everthing will fit fine?
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=227
everything should be fine

Mr. xi where did you purchase your angel eyes? ( Are they CCFL OR LEDS? )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve330ci View Post
Install of the Morimoto D2S retrofit kit from TRS is complete using my best guess for the wiring connections, as stated in my prior post. Good news is full functionality. Project took 6 hours. Had to dremel the existing halogen bulb opening from one inch diameter to 1 and 5/16 inch.

Only glitches are:

(1) the wiring harness supplied by TRS has 5 connections: positive, ground, left ballast, right ballast, and the last one to connect to one of the car's low beam connectors. Because one low beam connector is now - after the install - not connected to anything, I have a bulb out light for the missing connector side.

(2) there was absolutely nothing for the E46R shroud to connect to in the projector. And, the puny little tabs on them easily break off.

Waiting for dark to see how they look.

Will post some pix on Monday.
i glued mine on as stated in the diy lol...i believe the shrouds are made to fit the oem projectors only thats why it didnt have any mounting points for the morimotos.
and you bought the d2s version i assume. i did the h1 version so im not too sure on the wirings...i have to do some researching then get back to you on that....

p.s. i did this retrofit to my friends yamaha r6 and it looks sweeeetttt will post pics soon

ex: 2002 TIAG 325xi (sold), 2007 suzuki gsxr (sold)
current: 2002 carbon black ///M SMG
halogen headlights? want hid projectors? on a budget? maybe i can help! go here!!
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=840919
xi_chee is offline   Reply With Quote