installed my headers today, took me about 5 hours from start to finish. Nothing special about an xi.In fact I got all the bolts out without having to jack the engine up. I did however take off the motor mounts to get those enormous cats to fit up through the top. installed o2 simulator and I thought it wasn't working until I drove it for a mile and the service engine soon light turned off, so I'm pretty sure I'm good there as well. There was some initial smoke coming from my engine bay after I first started it up and gave it some gas, but it stopped after I played with the throttle for about 1 minute. I assumed this was simply the new gaskets? I didn't use threadlock or loctite so it couldnt have been that. I think I'm going to take it back into the shop tomorrow just to make sure that everything is tightened down when its hot. I think the hardest part was realizing that in order to get the front header to turn and fit onto the studs I had to bend a useless piece of metal that was attached to the subframe in order to turn it to match the face of the motor. I would also highly recommend air tools haha, there was no way I was going to be able to do this DIY without having some power to get the studs out of the engine. It was too dark to take a video today, I'll be installing a Magnaflow Catback later this week... Then ill video it up. Should be fun having to extend, bend, cut, weld the header to 1st resonator section to fit the xi, but I'll make it work.
HR Sports, Konis, Tints, Angel Eyes, Black headliner swap, BimmerBrakes Headers
Gruppe M Intake, Clear tails/markers/corners, Alufelgen SF-71 Black Diamonds, Magnaflow Catback
Last edited by chanlon7; 09-26-2011 at 10:02 PM.