View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 07:20 PM   #306
nzhty

My Ride: 318i e46 year 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.325i View Post
Yes you are correct - the USA-Spec site doesn't have any install instructions. They have a simple connection diagram on the package & that's it. Honestly you can follow the Dice install to the letter.

Re: interface. Yes they only have the trunk interface. The wire diameter is the same as the Dice cable so you can route it from the trunk to the front. The connector is a bit larger (1/2" diameter) so it is a bit more difficult to thread through tight areas.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...rds=cp-1080-nd

Actually, if you already have the Dice radio interface and if you feel confident with cutting a cable & splicing, I would recomment replacing the Dice 12 pin with the new one...

hello, i need some help, i buy from a member of the forum a usa spec pa12, the thing is:
the previous owner of my car had change the factory radio with a generic radio that was awfull, so i change it for this radio: Bmw E46 OEM CD53 Business Cd Player Pulled out 2003 325ci. CD53 Business Cd Player with Mode button.
till here everything is ok, now i want to connect the usa spec, but the connector of the usa spec, did not fit the back of the radio.

for what i found searching a lot, is that the usa spec must be connected to the CD Charger in the trunk, but my car isnt pre wired for CD Charger.

buy the wire is not cheap in my country, the 2 wires that i need has a cost of 180 american dollars, ok i could buy it from some store and make shipped, for about 80 dollars the 2 of them, but it is a lot just for some wires! and since somebody else is the one that is goning to pay for this to me, i dont have much to say...

well sorry for the long story i found this diagram that may be my solution...

the handwrite diagram says to which correspond each pin in the connector that has 6 pin and separated 3 other pins

i just want to be sure in the diagram that i attach to which pins correspond in the back of the radio in diagram i think is the "B" connector but im not entirely sure and since connector "A" says something about "CD Chg left in"

anyone can confirm to me, which pin in the usa spec goes to the back of the radio? using a some connectors of an old computer i can make the connection without cut the wire....

thanks in advance.
niki
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	en ingles.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	419687  
nzhty is offline   Reply With Quote