View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 05:49 PM   #323
nzhty

My Ride: 318i e46 year 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.325i View Post
Hi Niki,
Yes, the digital switching on the i-bus (or k-bus) wire is coupling to the audio signals.
Yes, shielding of at least the audio signals is absolutely required.

The first level of shielding is acheived simply by twisting the audio + and audio gnd together, known as twisted pair. This can also be done for the i-bus, it can be twisted in a group of three with the +12 and GND.

Real shielding is better.

So I need to ask ... why didn't you just snip the original usa-spec supplied cable & wire that into the HU connectors like we have been discussing? I never imagined that you were not using the original cable. lol
ok, i will find some shield wire to make the connection...

the thing is this i replace my original HU for this: Bmw E46 OEM CD53 Business Cd Player Pulled out 2003 325ci. CD53 Business Cd Player with Mode button. (the original radio was bmw radio reverse that is only tape player)
and my car is not pre wired for CD changer so i have not any wire in the trunk.
the usa-spec connector fit the connector in the trunk (if i had one) but not the connector in the back of the radio.

you follow me till here?

now in my country the wire that connect the HU to the CD changer (the one that i need to connect to the usa-spec) cost to me is 180 american dollars this is to much money... if i buy it from ebay is about 90 american dollars.... so i want to find a cheaper way to make this connection....

right now i am in my office but when i go home later in the night iŽll take some photos of the wires that i am using to make the bridge between the wire of the usa spec and the HU, so you can see... because im not good explaining...

again thanks a lot for your time and help
kiss niki

Last edited by nzhty; 10-07-2011 at 05:50 PM. Reason: more info add
nzhty is offline   Reply With Quote