View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 10:31 PM   #325
nzhty

My Ride: 318i e46 year 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.325i View Post
Hi Niki, yup, I follow you. My only error was that I 'assumed' you has the original cable supplied with the usa-spec because of the picture in your port # 308. My fault.

How long are your wires from the HU to the usa-spec? The shorter they are, the less coupling will occur. If you can seperate the i-bus/12v/gnd from the audio-L-R-gnd, that will help as well. Simply twisting the audio ground wire around the two audio lines (L-R) may be sufficient - approx 1 twist per inch is ideal.

I hope this helps. I don't think there is any reason for you to purchase an interface at this point. You have it working, you just have to clean it up a little bit.
hello steve, yes i have the original cable that came with the usa-spec the one that you mention (iŽll attach the photos again) that cable is very long, enough to put the usa spec in the trunk and still conect to the HU in the front of the car.... but like i say my car is not pre wired for CD Changer in the trunk...

the cable that i dont have is the CD Changer cable.... so i make the connection between the usa-spec and the HU with some computer wire (iŽll attach a photo for you)

so you say that if the cable is short iŽll be better ?
i can cut the cable that came with the usa spec and make it shorter and if you say that this is the better solution iŽll do that...

by the way sorry for not answer till today, but yesterday i came home so late that i went directly to the bed... it was a complicated day in my office....

i'll wait for your answer before i proceed, because once that i cut the cable there is no turn back...

kiss
niki
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	usa spec.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	420144   Click image for larger version

Name:	img1522kj.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	420145