View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 10:03 PM   #326
steve.325i

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzhty View Post
hello steve, yes i have the original cable that came with the usa-spec the one that you mention (iŽll attach the photos again) that cable is very long, enough to put the usa spec in the trunk and still conect to the HU in the front of the car.... but like i say my car is not pre wired for CD Changer in the trunk...

the cable that i dont have is the CD Changer cable.... so i make the connection between the usa-spec and the HU with some computer wire (iŽll attach a photo for you)

so you say that if the cable is short iŽll be better ?
i can cut the cable that came with the usa spec and make it shorter and if you say that this is the better solution iŽll do that...

by the way sorry for not answer till today, but yesterday i came home so late that i went directly to the bed... it was a complicated day in my office....

i'll wait for your answer before i proceed, because once that i cut the cable there is no turn back...

kiss
niki
Hi Niki, sorry to hear about you hectic day. Yes, the shorter you can make the cable, the better. I have removed the extra wiring from my install as well.

Where have you loacted your usa-spec? Behind the glovebox? If so, you should be able to cut the cable down to four feet or so. You can make direct connection for the i-bus, +12, & GND wires & use your single pin crimp on socket for the 10-pin connector.

Does this sound reasonable to you?

Steve
steve.325i is offline   Reply With Quote