View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 10:22 AM   #88
Stinger9

My Ride: '04 330Ci
Makes Sense

Because you'll get a new longer belt to use with the under-drive pulleys. And I travel with a spare one of those because no one would know what size to replace it with at a dealer or parts house. Got it for $15 on eBay or Amazon.

And when I did the vanos seals, it stopped a regular hiccup I had at idle.

And by the way, on my '04 with 80K miles I took apart the valve cover gasket and the old one was just as flexible and soft as the new one. This in contrast to many who have said that their old gasket was dried and brittle and crumbled. Mine peeled off perfectly. Of course I put a new one on for the $24 for the new part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
now that i read some of them i do kind of understand your logic. I do Preventative maint... not Pre-Preventative maint. My belt is starting to get dried out so i'll get a new one soon but at the same time get underdrive pulleys, fix and upgrade at the same time. I have the VANOS kit in my garage right now because i have what i call an idle hiccup sometimes but just havent had time to do it yet. I kinda think I wanna do both together since i'll have everything apart.

But ET... not happeneing any time soon, mine is perfectly fine still and no leaks (only 65K, gonna be a while before I even think about it)
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote