View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 12:05 AM   #34
ride365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheybe View Post
Okay I'm intrigued.

Why is it so much better/why do you freaks like it so much?
I don't think it's better. It's kind of like working on your car or driving a manual transmission... a more hands-on experience that makes you appreciate what you're doing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRos View Post
Then there's the really annoying part of waiting to see your picture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46stallion View Post
but for me it is basically the opposite. i never shot film really before so for me i like the fact that you dont see the photo right away, it makes it exciting...sure it can get expensive but i really only plan on shooting for fun...i always have my digital slr.
That's definitely part of the appeal for me... the anticipation, the unpredictability, the reward. I can shoot 100 digital photos, take it back to the computer to review and just think, ehh, and move on. With film you go buy the film, you load it into the camera with care, you go shooting, if you don't finish the current roll you wait until the next time you get to shoot, you remove the film with care, you drive it to the developer, YOU LEAVE IT, you come back later (days if it's a custom shop), and while the person is ringing up your total, you're tearing into the envelope as calmly as you can to see what prize you got. It's just different.

This is what I started out on, a Nikon F. With this camera, I use strictly black and white film: Ilford FP4 or Delta 100.

For total fun, I got a Blackbird Fly: 35mm twin-lens reflex. I use Kodak color in that.

One more thing... I typically just get my film processed and scanned. If I really like something, then I'll get it printed from the negative or do PP and printing from the digital scan.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FTNBig.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	421460   Click image for larger version

Name:	blackbirdfly.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	421467  

Last edited by ride365; 10-20-2011 at 09:54 AM.
ride365 is offline   Reply With Quote