View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 09:57 AM   #12
TxZHP04

My Ride: ESS TS2+ ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
The vorshlag red engine mounts, for me, are right on the edge of being manageable for a DD. My car is dual purpose so the positives outweigh the negatives. If strictly a street/dd car? I would have gone back to rubber.

Putting poly tranny mounts in addition to the poly engine mounts probably wasn't a good idea.
The transmission mounts can transmit quite a bit of vibration on their own, although most say it's best to match the stiffness of the engine and transmission mounts. I briefly ran UUC red poly mounts (non bolt through version) and there was too much vibration for me (and their red poly with enforcer cups caused insane levels of vibration) although at the time I had them paired with stock motor mounts. I ended up with the black UUC mounts with enforcer cups and then later upgraded from stock motor mounts to BimmerWorld's solid rubber motor mounts. This combination is pretty much perfect for me.
04 IR 330i ZHP | ESS TS2+ SC | MagnaFlow "headers" | KMS 3.64 LSD | AST 4100 550/650| APEX ARC-8 18x9 | H&R front sway bar | Vorshlag camber plates, RTAB limiters | TMS subframe & swaybar reinforcements | UUC SSK & DSSR | UUC TM & TME | BW motor mounts | Dinan strut & shock tower bars | vaio 4-bolt oil pump
TxZHP04 is offline   Reply With Quote