View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 10:21 PM   #15
TR4G-

My Ride: '01 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by okeydokey View Post
Very nicely done. At the start I was skeptical, but your results look superb you are also one of only a few who have mounted subs in the deck of this car.

One thing I noticed is that you bundled a bunch of your primary wire (battery +) up by the strut tower. Was there any reason for this? What you should do is cut it to length, I also noticed that you are getting your amp power from the main harness fuse. I would move the wire to the top post of the battery and keep away from the the abs charge and fuse that are installed on the cars primary battery wire.
Attachment 422539
Anyways, overall looks good!!
finally! constructive criticism. Thanks. Hmm, I agree that I should have cut the power cord to length. I guess it slipped my mind because I wasn't sure which way I was going to route it etc. and before I knew it, I had closed everything up.....

as for the point of contact, if you open up that black box, it has the power cable from the battery attached to a post and then it has a bridge to a giant fuse that the power cable to the front (+) terminal connects to. I attached my cable on the batter side, before the fuse, so its really only extending the power cord to the amp a few inches. Since its on the battery side of the fuse, its all good, and looks way cleaner than routing it from the battery (lol even though all that is hidden)
TR4G- is offline   Reply With Quote