View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 06:43 PM   #35
owenxguo

My Ride: 02 M3 + 01 S2000
Ok finished my work early today, just checked the harness, please check pictures below, there are a few changes from the new harness, but nothing really major.

Left is Fakra harness, and right is the new V6's short harness, this picture shows why my button doesn't light up. As you can see, the Illumi wire(orange on Fakra and light orange on new harness) is one pin to the left on new harness.

As well as the speaker output wires are re-designed at different pin location.

To the trunk side of the Fakra cable, I think there are different version of Fakra cable as well, since my is different than Jeff's installation threat one.

Again, left is Fakra cable I got, and right side is the new V6 harness. As you can see, it's missing the illumi wire, but somehow, there is an orange wire zip tied on the Fakra cable you can see behind, it's part of the Fakra cable, and goes to front plug, so I guess you can just relocate the Dynavin end pin and hook up the illumi wire yourself.

Left Fakra cable, right new harness.

And I guess there are car's year model different too, I guess the reason they don't have that orange wire hooked up to the trunk harness, because there is actually no wire on stock plug.

This is new wiring diagram on V6

Illumi should be easy fix now, I am gonna check the steering control now, will update later.