My in-laws have a new Grand Cherokee Overland Summit. Great looking vehicle with every option. I've driven it many times, and was a little less impressed. My thoughts:
- Feels heavy (probably is).
- 20 inch wheels mean a little rougher ride than I was expecting
- Didn't like the slick leather and wood on the steering wheel (very little grip to it).
- Space felt fine, but it doesn't feel that huge inside.
-SelectTerrain or whatever the traction dial thing is was cool.
- Seriously, how stupid is jeep. I just looked up the SelectTerrain thing on their website to see what it was called, and they have it listed as a feature twice under the Overland. Simple web mistake that shouldn't be made.
We just moved from Hoboken, and my 3 series got so beat up driving around Hudson county. I think you're on the right path with an SUV, but, for the money, how about an X5?