View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 03:10 AM   #59
Arty

My Ride: 1999 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksideracer69 View Post
Another question. I messed up and ordered the cable the has the serial end, instead of going to the obd2. Attached is a pic of how the inside of the 20pin cable looks. Would it be possible to feed the three wire into the obd2 plug with some pins? And to which pins?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Bimmer
Have you got the female OBD2 connector? If so just connect OBD2.7 to TxD and TxD2. EDIT: and hook up the Power and GND too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossi0112 View Post
just thought i would ask and apologise if all ready asked, but is there a one system software that i can get and install just to read fault codes and reset service lights, the ediabas,inpa,sss,tis all seem to be such a challenge to understand and install and different things ot set and enable..i used to have an Audi A6 and had a system called VCDS with a cable, it was simple to use just install and run and connect to car plug, and in reckon a child could easily understand how to use it..now i have a BMW i have trawled through a lot of stuff and am really very confused..

Any help would be appreciated
You need INPA and EDIABAS as a bare minimum.

INPA is the program that talks to the car.
EDIABAS is a tiny program that shares the COM port out to several programs when needed.

Follow the guide in post #1.
Arty is offline   Reply With Quote