View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 09:21 AM   #3184
Greg@DetailedImage.com
Clean Shine Protect Expert

My Ride: is clean & protected
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330iZSP View Post
Thanks for the reply. I've got some Leatherique already and I didn't think to use it on the boot. My brother is actually fine, only because he's quite a bit bigger than me (even though he's my younger brother)... lol. I'm not sure if this was the right way to do it but, I just used my detail brush and got it a little bit wet with some cleaner and dabbed it around the buttons that got sticky and it ended up working well. Then, just let it air dry before I turned the car on to make sure the buttons still worked. They still have a little "stick" to them but they are a ton better than before.
Glad to hear the problem area is much better. You want to use as little cleaner as possible to ensure you don't cause any further damage. Use the brush to work it in and apply more product as needed. Maybe try one more cleaning in the future but this may be as good as it's gonna get unless you want to take apart that area, which I generally don't recommend unless it's really needed. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg @ DI
Greg@DetailedImage.com is offline   Reply With Quote