View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #19
WheyArea

My Ride: '03 TiAg ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmanscotch View Post
Some fluid leaks, a wacked second gear shift and a few non-mentioned....why the hell would you sell for a $7K loss? This is EXACTLY what sites like this are for OP. Maybe I missed an earlier thread or something, but given some time, a few bucks and the help of forums like this and the knowledge gathered on these cars, you could very well bring the car back to life and either keep it or sell it on after fixing it for a better deal than the one you're about to do.

I know not all situations will allow this, but in the face of such a loss, I'm not sure there are many I can forsee that would prevent such a horrible loss.

If willing, post an informative thread outlining each problem and we can help sift through each one, explaining ease of repair and approximate cost to DIY.

Sell the bar for money to work on the car. Yes, $500 is a fair price for these nowadays. GLWS OP.
I agree, all is not lost unless you know you can't do the DIY (or it's just too much money). Get the car looked at by an indie shop or mech who can tell you EXACTLY what's wrong and how much it would cost to do it yourself.

Sorry to hear about being scammed. You should find that guy asap

/// Dinan ECU /// Brembo BBK /// BBS LM 19" /// Bilstein PSS10
/// Eisenmann Exhaust /// Supersprint Mid Pip /// AC Schnitzer Spoiler
/// Hamann Lip /// AC Schnitzer CF Diffuser /// K&N CAI /// Valentine 1

Coming Soon...... OEM SSK, CSL bootlid
WheyArea is offline   Reply With Quote