View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 11:13 PM   #148
My Ride: e90,e90, $5k Boxster
Spent 3.5 hours installing everything tonight. Had no real problems (except for the bottom plug & hose on the tank). I only installed the waterpump, the ex tank, the radiator, and upper/lower hoses.

Originally Posted by corv75 View Post
Better get an ATT to in case you break it off while taking the expansion tank off. A lot of guys seem to break it. I did not but my tank came off very easily. Its at the bottom of the tank. The write up talks about and has part number.
My manual trans car has a plug in the bottom where the big hose for the auto trans cars goes. I had no trouble removing it. I thought the tank was supposed to be blank on the bottom, so I had a moment of panic when I saw the giant hole in the bttom of the tank. The pics on RealOEM don't show the bottom of the tank, so they look like two different tanks.

Originally Posted by Stinger9 View Post
But you did not mention getting a new temperature sensor that plugs into the lower rad hose. This leaks if you try to transfer to the new hose without a new O-ring, and that part is only sold with a new sensor. Relatively cheap part for the insurance.

downtown where
I didn't get this in time, so i reused the sensor with its OG o-ring. I'll check it tomorrow on my extended test drive and replace it if it leaks.

I'm in lovely Birmingham, AL.
The Hunter S Thompson of e46f.

Lair is offline   Reply With Quote