View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 10:13 PM   #148
Lair
Modded ///Member

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Spent 3.5 hours installing everything tonight. Had no real problems (except for the bottom plug & hose on the tank). I only installed the waterpump, the ex tank, the radiator, and upper/lower hoses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corv75 View Post
Better get an ATT to in case you break it off while taking the expansion tank off. A lot of guys seem to break it. I did not but my tank came off very easily. Its at the bottom of the tank. The write up talks about and has part number.
My manual trans car has a plug in the bottom where the big hose for the auto trans cars goes. I had no trouble removing it. I thought the tank was supposed to be blank on the bottom, so I had a moment of panic when I saw the giant hole in the bttom of the tank. The pics on RealOEM don't show the bottom of the tank, so they look like two different tanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger9 View Post
But you did not mention getting a new temperature sensor that plugs into the lower rad hose. This leaks if you try to transfer to the new hose without a new O-ring, and that part is only sold with a new sensor. Relatively cheap part for the insurance.

downtown where
I didn't get this in time, so i reused the sensor with its OG o-ring. I'll check it tomorrow on my extended test drive and replace it if it leaks.

I'm in lovely Birmingham, AL.

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote