View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 02:47 PM   #18
Stinger9

My Ride: '04 330Ci
Your DIY was confusing, lacking a clear description

of where you were and what parts you were working with.
But my biggest gripe is that you caused me to go blind with those blurry pics. So now I'm not worrying any longer as I cannot drive if I cannot see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328CIFANATIC View Post
OK, well, once you remove the door card, you will see a rubber type cover which is held in by a plastic clip. You will see it on the bottom right corner of the plastic cover shown in the image below.

Attachment 347291

Make sure you pry it out gently without breaking the clip, but, with enough force to pop it out.

You will then need an allen key, not sure what size, i can't remember off the top of my head to loosen the allen key screw and remove...it's a two stage screw where you can loosen it, pull it out a little, and then you can unscrew it the rest of the way and take it out. Be careful not to drop it in the door otherwise you will be fishing with your fingers trying to get it out.

A picture of the allen key screw and it's location is below...

Attachment 347290

Next, hold the door open, pull on the door handle, and wiggle out your lock and lock cylinder...your lock cylinder itself is probably fine, but, all the guts holding it together from behind has broken apart.

Attachment 347289

Attachment 347286

Attachment 347287

Once it's out you can take off the plastic cover that is on the lock cylinder...

Attachment 347288

Now you can put the black cover on your new lock cylinder, and put it all back together.

Any questions, let me know...Cheers and Good Luck

Last edited by Stinger9; 12-21-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote