View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 07:23 AM   #16
spiderz17

My Ride: E46 M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainly View Post
i dont have a cd changer(i have the harmon/kardon sound system and mode button) , ... but my VIN specs say i have a HUD for it or something... meaning its wired for it? maybe? so, will i still be able to use this unit even though my car didnt come with the cd changer?
AFAIK, all the E46s were pre-wired for CD changers, regardless of whether you actually have a CD changer. So you can wire the DICE unit into the trunk through those connections. The reason I didn't do that is I read a few cases where people had interference issues with the wiring. Plus, I decided it'd be less of a PITA to try to cram everything into the dash area than to mess with removing the rear seats.

Quote:
and as well, as for the blue tooth function: my car does have the "talk " button on the steering wheel, but when i press it nothing happens. i asked my dealer and they said if you press the talk button and nothing happens , that mean you dont have bluetooth. so my question is, when using the bluetooth of the mediabridge, will the steering wheel "talk" button work to answer calls...? or is it completely useless, if i dont have factory bluetooth?
I think this button will answer phone calls, but won't hang up. I'm not 100% sure to be honest with you. I never use it.

Quote:
one more thing .. has anyone used the spec dock with this mediabridge? i really like neat way it stores your iphone in the ash tray.
Don't know anything about this.

Good luck!
spiderz17 is offline   Reply With Quote