View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 02:25 PM   #124
M3PTGSC

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@proefi View Post
The indicator here is that three rods broke...the tune won't do that. A 5th gear pull is about as much strain as your going to place on that engine. Who knows how the engines have been treated, but in the end...same components. Your living on borrowed time at those power levels.
Yeah i was thinking about that i just thought it was 720HP not WHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Performance View Post
How do the torque numbers compare?? Torque would have a larger impact on the rods over RWHP. E85 makes more torque than pump+meth therefore even though E85 is safer for the engine and you make more HP and TQ, if the rods cannot handle the TQ then well.... you know!
Great info that's exactly what i was looking for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugermass View Post
Yes definatly wheel HP, and the TQ was just over 600FT/Lbs.. Thats a large chunk of TQ.. We probably put about 30 passes between the track and the street at this power level. And the motor has alot of miles on it. But either way, looking at the stock rods, they are a little thin.. we compared the stock rods and pistons to stock 2J rods and pistons.. The pistons are not hugely different but the S54 rods are significanty thinner.

The next step we are taking, is to build the motor with no sleeves and see what the stock block will handle reliably without sleeving. Bossman says he wants to have it built and in the car before end of this year ..

We're probably gonna go with the lower compression pistons on this build since they are around 30grams lighter. Then next motor after this one will be full out race motor and we'll go nuts with it. Right now we just want to see what the stock block will handle without sleeves.
Got it! Im not familiar with mustang dynos that much and when i was looking at the dyno slip it said Engine HP and Engine TQ so thats why i was surprised

Thanks everyone for the explanation and staying professional without bs i appreciate it
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02black330ci View Post

09 SL63 AMG Designo,pano and whole nine yards lol
07 S550 P2 4matic-gone
03-M3-6766 DBB..Tubular manifold...
97-M3-
95-M3 SC stage 2-Widebody...
08 Gix 1k 08 ZX10R
M3PTGSC is offline   Reply With Quote