View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 12:07 AM   #29
MJLavelle

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by moiz21 View Post
Filter is like $20 through our vendors. I believe the cheapest you will find a fuel pump is like $150. Just do both, since a clogged filter will cause premature death of your fuel pump. Since it is relatively inexpensive, might as well do both.
Who sells a fuel filter for $20? I would like to know, because I have never seen one for much less than $40.

@OP - are the lenses on your headlights messed up, or are you thinking that you need new ones because of the Angel Eyes?
If the lenses are messed up, then you can buy some auto body sand paper, and wet sand them and buff them, and they will look like new. It just takes a little time and patience, and as dmax pointed out, you will be needing that money for other things. And don't just assume because it is running, that everything is fine. Do some reading on here, and you will see that there are a lot of things that probably need attention, even if it seems like all is well. Don't blow all your money on mods, and end up with your car sitting in the driveway because you can't afford a water pump. Also, you should check out the prices of 19in tires, before buying 19in wheels. Even 18's are bad. I see so many people with $2000 wheels, and the crappiest, cheapest tires you can get, because they did not consider how much a good set of tires would cost, and how soon they would need them. Sorry to sound like an old man here, but you have to consider these things before you jump in. Lots of bald a$$ tires of nice wheels out there.
MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote