View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 08:22 PM   #40
radarcontact

My Ride: 2006 330CiC/ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///02bmw325i/// View Post
you sir, have made me want to continue my install with my sedan. I'll be using a Single JL Audio 12w6 in a vented box (I normally prefer sealed) and a JL Audio 500/1 and I'm thinking of pirating my JL 300/4 out of my Audi and putting it in the BMW. For Speakers I believe i'll be using FOCAL A165 components front and rear, however I havent decided 100%.

I have an 02 sedan so i figure my front doors will be a little bit different however i'm not too terribly worried about it. My main worry is depth in the door and weather i truly have to use 5.25 or i can do 6.5's

For reference my 2000 Stage 3 Audi A6

Kenwood Excelon DNX-9140 Headunit
Focal Access A165 6.5" components in the front doors
Focal Access A165 6.5" components in the rear doors
3 10" JL Audio 10W6v2's in a 2.93 cubic foot sealed box built from 3/4" MDF that's double faced for the subs, and full of polyfil
JL Audio 1000/1 for the woofers
JL Audio 300/4v2 for the doors.
Sirius Satellite
7 Boxes of Dynamat Extreme through the whole car
2 Optima batteries
3 Fared Tsunami cap
Tsunami Distribution blocks
Tsunami Battery Isolator
Stinger Pro series 0 gauge wire through out the whole car
Monster RCAs

The A165 components will be switched out for Focal K2's in the front and rear, and the 300/4 will probably be pirated to go into the bmw. I'll replace the 300/4 with twin 300/2's which should be great for the K2's

Setup for the BMW right now is
Kenwood Kiv-700
JL Audio 500/1
JL Audio 12w6 in a 1.25cubic foot vented box

I'm thinking i'll pirate the 300/4 or i'll use an older Alpine MRP-f300 i have sitting around,
As for speakers, maybe Diamond D6's or just get some more Focals, I just cant decide on what size.

any suggestions or words of advice?
Lol, you don't need any advice (and you know it!).

The Audi must sound fantastic! Wow, nice choices.

I'm going to redo my doors when I get my new DLS set. Want to mount to the door versus the panel.

Since this build I have upgraded to an Arc Audio 5-channel, plus my Alpine 4-channel, plus a JBL MS-8. I replaced my CDT tweeters with some Massive Audio units too. Was in the middle of the build when I ruptured a disc in my lower back, and it's sitting unfinished right now. Bummer, huh? Lol, I really want it done. Wanna come finish it up for me??

Best of luck to ya on the bummer build!

Oh, the only thing I would say is that if you don't carry a lot of passengers in the back, you could save money on the rear set. They are so obstructed and off axis, you can't distinguish good from great back there, you know?
radarcontact is offline   Reply With Quote