View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #22
chopstik

My Ride: 2011 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman831 View Post
Yes I do know how much they make. Starting out of school, you can easily make 120k (even more in rural areas where there is a stronger need). Doctors and dentists have been able to bill for counseling for years, pharmacists are just now wanting a slice of the pie. I think this is BS, as counseling should be something you provide as a courtesy to your patients. I am a dentist and never bill my patients for showing them how to brush and floss or providing information on how to quit smoking, even though I could.

A pharmacist can take a CE course and administer vaccinations too. Nothing special there. Counseling of patients has always been one of the job duties of a pharmacist. There is no hand tying going on unless you're talking about the ability for a pharmacist to charge for their advice. I have never heard one single pharmacist complain that they are not being adequately compensated for their services. They may not get the appreciation or the title of doctor, but they make plenty of money.

i counsel patients all the time
i do not care to get reimbursed for that as i do agree that was what i signed up for.....if i do start getting paid for counseling, then sure why would i disagree??