View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 10:56 PM   #1
Tonk

My Ride: Econobox
Send a message via AIM to Tonk
My Re-Introduction...I finally have an E46 M3!

Hey everyone. I've been on here since 2007 but up until now have not had an E46. I've loved M3's since I was 13 years old and sat in a new E36 M3 at the Baltimore Auto Show, and that was back in 1998. I've wanted an E46 M3 for quite some time now but haven't been able to make it work financially. In 2009 I bought a Honda Fit which was a very practical and economical car, just to get me by until I could get an E46 M3.

A couple weeks ago I drove my friend's E46 M3 and that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I decided that now was the time to buy the car of my dreams, and in less than a week I had found a used 2004 M3 SMG with 57,000 miles and it was at a dealership about five miles away from where I work.

I have some minor plans for it (black kidneys and side grilles are already ordered) but I won't do any major mods for a while because honestly I absolutely love the car as it is. I love the curves of the car, the wheels, the sound of the exhaust, the power is amazing, etc. And since it's such an upgrade from the Honda, I really want to fully understand the dynamics of the car from the factory before I start modding it.

I also plan on taking it to Summit Point this summer so I can get some track time

Thanks for reading my story. Unfortunately I haven't had time (or weather) to be able to take some better quality pictures so for now all I have is a cell phone pic. And don't worry, I've already removed the dealership license plates and frames.

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.