12-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Fremont, CA
My Ride: 330Ci Convertible
Dynavin ANDROID - Hacking & Development
YOU take full responsibility if you try anything in this thread and ruin your dynavin, so do this at your own risk.
Official Dynavin Solutions thread (Jeff):
Official Dynavin Android site (get the latest (unrooted) firmware):
Some Usefull info:
Installing a ROM
Either use the SD card that came with the Dynavin, or downloaded EaseUS, and format a 2 GB card as FAT (FAT16) with 64kb allocation.
- Unzip the ROM file and copy all the files to the root of the 2 GB SD card that came with the Dynavin
- Boot up the Dynavin with the SD card
- Takes about 5 to 10 minutes, and will notify you when it's done
- Take out the SD card
- If you're reusing the same SD card, remove all the ROM files from the root before reinserting it
Hacked and/or Rooted ROMS:
Release 20111209: http://www.multiupload.com/DVNMVH35YM
Manually rooting Android 2.2 using z4root:
You can grab the file from XDA at:
Prepare your system for rooting:
Go in to settings and enable USB debugging, and allow non market apps.
- Copy the z4root.apk file to your SD card
- Using a file manager, install the z4root app
- Run the z4root app after install
- Chose "root permanent"
- System will reboot (in about 2 or 3 minutes) and you will be rooted (superuser and busybox installed)
- Now grab busybox installer from the market and install the latest version of busybox
Tweaks & Tips
Better/Faster Clock Sync
These apps will make your clock sync faster, and having the clock sync faster will solve a lot of issues the Droidavyn has.
I was able to get the correct time on the Droidavyn down to about 15-30 seconds (stock it took at least 2 to 3 minutes).
- TimeZoneFixer - the dynavin has the 2009h version of the database, this will copy over the 2011h version (https://market.android.com/details?i...m9uZWZpeGVyIl0.)
- ClockSync - setup to sync every 15 minutes; enable local database, and set it to sync on boot (https://market.android.com/details?i...Nsb2NrU3luYyJd)
GPS Configuration file (may help get a faster GPS fix)
- Copy the gps.conf file onto your sd card.
- Make sure you go in to settings and enable USB debugging, and allow non market apps.
- Make sure your date and time are correct (manually), then check the auto update setting.
- Download root explorer and copy over the gps.conf file to your /system/etc folder (https://market.android.com/details?i...RleHBsb3JlciJd)
- Get GPS Status and Toolbox (https://market.android.com/details?i...HNzdGF0dXMyIl0.)
Startup GPS Status and toolbox, reset the AGPS data and download again. Change the settings to download as frequently as possible.
Supercharger Script (thanks to winter_baby)
Instructions on message 29 in this thread: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...1&postcount=29
Recommended additional hardware:
USB Hub and Bluetooth for Android courtesy of jneumann post #126 http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...&postcount=126
- Latest Google Apps
- Root Explorer (Paid App)
- TimeZone Fixer
- GPS Status & Toolbox
- Busybox Installer
- Titanium Backup
- Bing (The traffic map is usually more accurate then Google)
- MX Video Player (Play any MP4 video file)
- CoPilot (Paid App) (great offline navigation, and now with apps2sd doesn't fill up the dynavin)
Hardware Info (D95)
Android version : 2.2
API LEVEL : 8
CPU ABI : armeabi-v7a
CPU ABI2 : armeabi
Hardware : omap3
Board : DVN101
Brand : DYNAVIN
Device : DVN101
Fingerprint : DYNAVIN/DVN101/DVN101/DVN101:2.2/MASTER/eng.yicoo.20110528.213912:user/test-keys
Processor ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l)
Features swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3
Hardware OMAP3 Beagle Board
Freqency range: 125.0 -> 720.0MHz
Current Frequency: 500.0MHz
Frequency Stats (time):
- 720.0 MHz 0.0% (0)
- 600.0 MHz 0.0% (0)
- 550.0 MHz 0.0% (0)
- 500.0 MHz 100.01% (74182)
- 250.0 MHz 0.0% (0)
- 125.0 MHz 0.0% (0)
Resolution: 800 x 480
Refresh Rate: 68.0
X factor for DIP: 1.5
Density: 240 dpi
Pixel per inch X: 96.0 dpi Y: 96.0 dpi
Download Cache Max: 226MB/ Free: 105MB
data Max: 226MB/ Free: 105MB
External storage Max: 7.59GB/ Free: 1.61GB
Total RAM: 245MB
Free RAM: 69.99MB
Threshold RAM: 16.00MB
2002 330 Cic Topaz Blue
VMR 701; Front 19x8.5et35 225/35; Rear 19x9.5et45 245/30 | Spacers: 15mm front; 12mm rear | Megan Racing Coil Overs | Short shifter | eBay Strut Bar | Angel Eyes | LED Tails | Dynavin (Droid) | Vanos | DISA
*My Car Thread (Pics & Mod details):
Last edited by tasi333; 02-08-2012 at 03:27 PM.
|Ads by Google
Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.