View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 04:52 AM   #11
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris98891 View Post
Thank you all for your help so far, here is where i am now.
  • No heat, still. Occasional warm gust at best
  • Pretty sure the heater solenoid works, we can feel it move when switching the heater on and off
  • We're waiting for it to cool for our 4th bleed cycle
  • There are some serious air pockets somewhere.
Here is our routine for bleeding.
Car is cool, open expansion tank, top off. Close expansion tank, start car, open bleed screw until air bubbles stop coming out. Rev for 20 seconds, return to idle, shut off car.

We're now on our 4th cycle, barely had to put in any coolant/water last time.

Any more thoughts?
Not sure where you got your bleeding instructions...sounds like they came from here someplace...I know it's not from me.

Try again without opening up the bleeder screw, turn your heater on high, fan on low, and make sure the 3 red dots are showing on the dial between your center vents. Then rev the car for 20 secs.

Although your method might work, I suspect that having the bleeder open reduces the pressure your system would push fluid/air through. I could be totally wrong about this, but I know from the instructions I've read from BMW, there's no method involving keeping the bleeder open while the car is running. This is a unique cooling system...very few cars have it.

Give my method a try and see where you get.

Don't overfill...trust that 5.5" measurement I gave you.

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote