OK, I'll bite.
If it were me, I'd do it like this:
1) Oil pump: keep your stock OE pump & wire tie the nut.
2) Cams: a big NO to the stock B30 cams, get yourself 264/252 copy of the Schrick.
3) Intake manifold: B30 with adapter plate for your original TB.
4) Tune: Shark Injector, 7000 RPM, cheap & simple but very effective. Forget about 7200 RPM.
5) Harmonic Damper: throw out your OE piece & buy the ATI Super Damper.
6) If you don't have all the normal bolt-ons, buy them.
7) Down the road: nitrous. Spend $2500 on a Wizards of Nitrous direct port wet system, you'll make more power for a lot less money. Plus it will work with these cams (264/252) & setup, you won't need a high dollar "tune" to make it work either.
Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 S.C.C.A.
(DynoDynamics http://www.vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind" M54 CAMS 264/252 $849
Originally Posted by RacerX
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!