View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #16
dan_1337

My Ride: 330CiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
Speaking of brakes, last week for the first time, and only for a kilometer or so, I pushed my car to the limits of my driving ability; acceleration, braking and cornering. I picked the time and place carefully so only put myself at risk.

I scared the sh1t out of myself. I learned a couple of things; I lack the skills to drive like that and the brakes, although adequate, did not give me the stopping power for that sort of driving.

So, like the OP, I am considering the possibility of upgrading the brakes. I have no intention of repeating that drive but I would like to know that in an emergency I can stop quickly and in a safe manner.

Is there a great difference between the stock brakes on my car and 4 or even 6 pot brakes? Not having driven a car fitted with serious brakes, I have no idea.
Con, you could get a little more stopping power with fresh brake fluid (if it hasn't been done in a while), more aggressive pad and possibly slotted rotors.

OP, IMO have a look at 330ci brakes as the discs are bigger (325mm front, 320mm rear) or M3 brakes (328mm f/r). Quite sure both will need mounts.

The last time I checked these BMW performance brakes, they are built by brembo but only have one pad available as they are a BMW designed kit.