View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #96
aleksankazakov

My Ride: 04 E46 330i sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMull51 View Post
Just cleaned pulley with dishsoap & hot water and it slipped off shaft with a litle tug. Glad to replace part myself but disappointed at BMW which says no need to flush/renew PS fluids (it is aactually ATF Dexron 2). Now remember this same BMW says the transmission has lifetime fluid - AT needs no service. When fluid is oxidized, instead of renewing ATF fluid at cost of $30-$100, you simply renew or replace the whole Transmission at a cost of about $7500-$8500. DON'T BELIEVE A DAMN THING BMW TELLS YOU! Their fluids need just as much service as does an old GM Cavalier or Toyota Corolla!
they told me that replacement of power steering rack will be $1760 yous you are right this is not a date, this is a 4 digit price. The part is like 250 and couple of hours of work. have no idea where they get those prices. Their part department wanted 520 for the power steering pump just for the part. I bought one from AutoZone for 140 with good warranty . And the BMW sells the old pump LF20 which is known to fail in the shaft.
aleksankazakov is offline   Reply With Quote