01-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
My Ride: ///M3 & 328ci & X3
| Planning on getting the D99 Android soon. But I have a few questions...
I currently have the V3 with Win CE. Its overdue for a upgrade...
Really excited after watching the videos you put together Jeff... I'm thinking of purchasing 3 of these, two for my e46's and one for my buddy's e46...
- Whats the difference between the WinCE unit and the Android unit besides the software?
- Does android use the GPS signal or WiFi to navigate?
- Is there any way we can connect a USB device to Android side of the system for a 3G Wireless router or something?
- I usually use the USB function of the unit to play all my music. It loads up instatly on the V3 unit. Is there a delay for a 8GB USB Stick on these newer units? If so how long is the boot time?
- When the reverse cam is on, on the V3, music shuts off.. Does it do this on the newer units like the D99?
- Can we download apps to Android without using a WiFi Connection? Lets say using a USB stick...
- You mentioned the Android system has its own sound settings for its apps. Does the Navigation app turn down the volume of the music while giving directions?
- Last but not least, v3 users had no control on the midrange, subwoofer levels and such? Is this still present on the newer units?
Thanks in advance for the answers..