View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #31
G-Hots

My Ride: ///M3 & 328ci & X3
Send a message via AIM to G-Hots Send a message via MSN to G-Hots
Planning on getting the D99 Android soon. But I have a few questions...

I currently have the V3 with Win CE. Its overdue for a upgrade...
  • Whats the difference between the WinCE unit and the Android unit besides the software?
  • Does android use the GPS signal or WiFi to navigate?
  • Is there any way we can connect a USB device to Android side of the system for a 3G Wireless router or something?
  • I usually use the USB function of the unit to play all my music. It loads up instatly on the V3 unit. Is there a delay for a 8GB USB Stick on these newer units? If so how long is the boot time?
  • When the reverse cam is on, on the V3, music shuts off.. Does it do this on the newer units like the D99?
  • Can we download apps to Android without using a WiFi Connection? Lets say using a USB stick...
  • You mentioned the Android system has its own sound settings for its apps. Does the Navigation app turn down the volume of the music while giving directions?
  • Last but not least, v3 users had no control on the midrange, subwoofer levels and such? Is this still present on the newer units?
Really excited after watching the videos you put together Jeff... I'm thinking of purchasing 3 of these, two for my e46's and one for my buddy's e46...

Thanks in advance for the answers..
G-Hots is offline   Reply With Quote