View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #683
Rob43
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2003 BMW 331Ci, 5spd
zhp43867, I hear you.

Optimistic, maybe maybe not. I'm not a fan of how ATI treated us on the GB, they certainly should have done better. But I know of two forum members who ordered their dampers separately, as in not the group buy. They both received their dampers in a timely fashion. One thing a lot of people don't take into consideration with a performance company like ATI, is whether or not it's racing season. At this moment they're slower based on the time of year, but come spring/summer the demand for their products go way up. When ATI started making the 10 dampers, one for me & the other 9, it was the peak of the busy season.

Vorshlag: I don't know much about them, but I do know they don't manufacture dampers for a living. So pessimistic, maybe. I wouldn't want to risk my semi high dollar motor on a product who's sole purpose is to keep my motor from vibrating it self to death. If they didn't get it right, the only way I'd find out is through catastrophic engine failure. So for me it's ATI, even though we all waited to long to get it.

Last: I'm sure if you're trying to be cautious about high RPM usage, you'll be fine. I myself was not cautious, and blew up my last M54B30 motor; thus one big reason I upgraded to the ATI damper & a special oil pump.

Good luck in your decision.
Rob43

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 S.C.C.A.
(DynoDynamics http://www.vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind" M54 CAMS 264/252 $849
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
Rob43 is offline   Reply With Quote