View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #26
e46frvr

My Ride: 02 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by koach1 View Post
540i handling- While heading out for a joy ride yesterday I took the back roads I normally take to work for comparison against the 3. There’s a downhill sweeper with a good bend at the bottom that goes over a really small bridge. Think east coast country side… The sign says 35/40(?- I’ll have to check) and I’ve taken it pretty quick in the 3, but never really paid attention to the speedometer. Yesterday I was keenly aware of everything and the car seems to offer so much more confidence than the 3 in these type situations. So much so that I was hitting this turn doing 80mph and came out smiling! Not only that, but it was immediately apparent on how less dramatic it felt compared to the 3. Around town or on the commute the 3 seems more flickable/responsive, but this was different, like when really hard pressed the car responded fantastic and without any drama. I couldn’t help but think about it more throughout the day. Was it the tires? The M suspension? 18” wheels? Or a combo of all? Then it occurred to me- the 3 doesn’t have the super-supportive M seats… I remember the feeling of having to hold myself in the 3 whereas this was just a point/shoot situation. If that makes sense…?
I've never driven a 330i without sport package but I remember reading that it makes a big difference in handling. I'm kind of in the market for a 530i.

Its hard to find an automatic sport package 530i . Has to be auto (for family). Also, was a 530xi never made or is it just my luck that I cant find one on my local Craigslist?
WTB: Short shifter kit --Clear/smoked corners -- Clear/smoked side markers -- LED tails -- Angel eyes
e46frvr is offline   Reply With Quote