View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #32
wrayclark91

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by podge3 View Post
I don't want to pee on you bonfire but I would take anything that the Chinese "salespeople" say with a large pinch of salt.

If these units had had OBD, phone book and dual radio tuner then those facilities would have been mentioned in the item description. Also, there is no sign of any OBD option in the screen shot.

IMHO, I doubt that these units have either OBD or dual tuner - phonebook is a possibility.

I also doubt that these are Dynavin units. The front ports are in different locations so the front PCB is at least different.

All that said, assuming that the unit works OK and the quality is good, then these are a good alternative to the Dynavin or Hualingan.

I look forward to your review and me being proven wrong
Oh I am fully aware that I could be getting ripped off. Hence why I didn't spend any money that I couldn't afford to burn on it. I figure if it works out (or doesn't) I'm doing people here a favor and I'm getting a possibly superior product than anything else out there that I have come across.

As far as OBD not being in the picture I think is because the only picture that they have of this unit is the "NAV" side aka android side of the device which doesnt display the OBD.

And the PCB probably is different. It has a faster newer cpu, more ram and built in wifi.

I had a back and forth conversation with the guy for awhile and he seemed rather competent so I'm pretty optimistic at this point

I have a feeling that the next version of dynavin will be these specs

Clark
wrayclark91 is offline   Reply With Quote